- Aerate your lawn now
- Apply crab grass preventer that contains Siduron or Tupersan. This "smart" product kills the crab grass without hurting your grass seed
- Sow your grass seeds--scratch the seeds in to the soil to germinate
- Careful with that fertilizer. You may not need it and could cause more harm than good. Webber suggests a soil test.
- Clover and dandelions popping up? Now is NOT the time to spray a broadleaf herbicide. You should do this in the fall. Doing it now could damage your blooming trees.
- Only remove 1/3 of the grass blade
- Kentucky blue grass should be left at 2 1/2" tall
- Fescue grass should be left at 3" tall
Best Time for Yard Work This Week?
Chief Meteorologist Eric Elwell says Wednesday is the best day this week to get outside and begin your yard project.
Tuesday and Thursday are fair days too.
>>Be weather aware 24-7 with the FREE WHIO Weather App