Motion filed to move juvenile cases from Huber Heights AT&T robbery to adult court

ajc.com

UPDATE @ 2:50 p.m. 

Prosecutors have amended charges and requested their cases be transferred to adult court for the six juveniles accused of robbing a Huber Heights AT&T store on Feb. 1.

PREVIOUS COVERAGE: 6 juveniles, 1 adult accused in Huber Heights AT&T robbery, manhunt

Four suspects, aged 15 and 16, are facing two charges of aggravated robbery, and one count of kidnapping, according to a release from Montgomery County Prosecutor Mat Heck.

RELATED: Adult suspect in Huber Heights AT&T robbery makes court appearance

The two 17-year-old suspects are facing two counts of aggravated robbery, one count of kidnapping, and one count of kidnapping. One of the 17-year-old suspects is also facing a charge of failure to comply.

RELATED: Surveillance video: Gunmen rob Huber Heights AT&T store 

“Clearly, these (juveniles) have not benefited from all of the opportunities and programs the Juvenile Justice System have previously offered to them,” Heck said. “These are not the actions of children. Teens who choose to commit violent felonies, and endanger the public, need to be held accountable for their actions.”

RELATED: VIDEO: Dayton police sergeant finds 6 of 7 robbers hiding in Huber Heights shed

This news outlet is not naming the six juveniles due to their ages, and the request for the case to be moved to adult court is still pending.

The seventh suspect, Caleb W. Johnson, 18, was charged with aggravated robbery, two counts of failure to comply with a police officer and a single count of improperly handling a firearm in a vehicle.

UPDATE @ 1:24 p.m. (Feb. 15):

The Montgomery County Juvenile Court confirmed the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office has filed a motion to transfer the cases involving six juveniles to adult court, according to court officials.

INITIAL REPORT:

The Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office has announced a press conference to discuss the ongoing criminal cases surrounding the AT&T robbery and manhunt in Huber Heights earlier this month.

The press conference is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.

Police said a group of six juveniles and Caleb W. Johnson robbed the AT&T store on Old Troy Pike before leading police on a manhunt that locked down all of Huber Heights City Schools earlier this month.