A service change affecting some RTA routes began Sunday, according to a release.
RTA periodically adjusts bus service and stops in response to the needs of customers, communities and local businesses.
The routes adjusted are:
- Route 60 – All fixed-route service will cease and be expanded with RTA Connect On-Demand. This zoned service covers parts of Miamisburg and Austin Landing. Connect On-Demand is door-to-door and available 24/7, where previously only limited service was offered.
- Route 34 – Fixed-route service north of the Northwest Transit Center will cease and be expanded with RTA Connect On-Demand, which is door-to-door and available 24/7, where previously only limited service was offered. This zoned service includes areas of Brookville and Clayton, north of the Northwest Transit Center. Service south of the Northwest Transit Center will have wait times decrease for weekday trips, from 40 to 35 minutes. Saturday service frequency will be changed from 60 to 70 minutes and Sunday wait times will decrease from 80 to 70 minutes. Service will also be added to Hollywood Raceway on Saturdays.
- School Overload Trippers –
- Route 1: The service to Gaddis at Hedges will be eliminated on Route 1. Westbound weekday trips from Gaddis at Hedges to Wright Stop Plaza departing at 7 a.m. and 3:55 p.m. and from Wright Stop Plaza to 3rd at Iona departing at 2:19 p.m. will be eliminated. Eastbound weekday trips from Wright Stop Plaza to Gaddis at Hedges departing at 6:28 a.m. and from 3rd at Iona to Gaddis at Hedges at 2:55 p.m. will be eliminated. The Gaddis at Hedges area will still be serviced by the Route 11. Several Saturday trip times will be shifted to four minutes earlier.
- Route 2: Weekday westbound trips from Wright Stop Plaza to Harvard at Philadelphia departing at 7:17 a.m. and 4:10 p.m. and from Shedborne at Burkhardt to Wright Stop Plaza departing at 8:34 a.m. to 5:35 p.m. will be eliminated. Weekday eastbound trips from Harvard at Philadelphia to Shedborne at Burkhardt at 7:45 a.m. and 4:39 p.m. will be eliminated. Meadowdale School trips at 7:02 a.m. and one of two 2:15 p.m. extra weekday trips leaving from Wright Stop Plaza to Meadowdale School, and one of two 2:53 p.m. trips leaving Meadowdale will be eliminated.
- Route 4: The 7:25 a.m. weekday trip leaving Wright Stop Plaza to Hoover at Miller and the return trip leaving at 7:46 a.m. will be eliminated. The extra 3:15 p.m. trip leaving Guenther (for Thurgood Marshall) will be eliminated.
- Route 7: The weekday trips leaving Main at Philadelphia at 7:42 a.m. and Wright Stop Plaza at 8:30 a.m. to Belmont High School, and the 3:53 p.m. trip at Belmont to Wright Stop Plaza will be eliminated.
- Route 8: During weekday peak service times (6:30-9:30 a.m. and 3-6:30 p.m.), frequency will change from 15 to 19 minutes; weekday midday service (9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.) will change from 21 to 25 minutes; Saturday service frequency between 4:50 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. will change from 23 to 28 minutes.
- Route 9: Saturday service frequency between 4:50 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. will change from 32 to 42 minutes. The extra weekday 7 a.m. trip leaving Wright Stop Plaza to Germantown at Derby and return trip will be eliminated; the 3 p.m. extra trip leaving Nicholas at Gettysburg (for Dunbar High School) will also be eliminated.
- Route 11: Minor time adjustments will be made to the running times between several stops to allow more boarding time at Wright Stop Plaza and Eastown Hub.
- Route 12: The extra weekday 6:15 a.m. and 4:14 p.m. trips leaving Wright Stop Plaza to Benson and return trips leaving at 6:52 a.m. and 4:48 p.m. serving Benson at Fairview will be eliminated. The northbound routing will be revised: it will now service Salem Avenue instead of Benson, turning left from Philadelphia and then left on Benson to Fairview. This change will close four northbound stops on Hillcrest and Benson (Stop IDs 6692, 6205, 3664 and 7417) between Hillcrest and Fairview.
- Route 14: The a.m. trip to DECA will be eliminated.
- Route 18: Due to road construction in the Valley Street area, minor time adjustments will be made to the running time on the route.
- Route 19: A new stop and deviation for Stebbins High School on a southbound morning trip will be added, causing minor adjustments to times on the route. The deviation to Brightwood College will be eliminated.
- Route 22: Routing will be changed to service Concord and Cincinnati Streets instead of Hopeland south of the Job Center to Stewart.
- Route 24: A Saturday northbound trip deviation at 12:05 p.m. to Gateway will be added.
For more information, visit i-riderta.org.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.