Sinclair Community College is set to break more graduation records this spring as it prepares to award more than 6,700 degrees and certificates next month.
Over 5,370 students are expected to graduate May 5 from the community college, a new record representing a 30 percent increase over 2018’s commencement, according to Sinclair.
“Student success and completion is everyone’s job at the college,” Sinclair president Steven Johnson said in a prepared statement. “Hundreds of faculty and staff members have worked together to improve student outcomes and it is extremely rewarding to see that we have set records far above our expectations.”
Along with its record number of credentials and graduates, Sinclair released a list of several other commencement records and milestones.
• 460: Black women will graduate, marking a 25 percent increase since 2018.
• 2,103: Low-income graduates, marking a new record.
• 1,314: Number of minority graduates, marking a 43 percent increase since 2018.
• 428: military affiliated, setting a new record.
• 35 percent: Increase in the number of international grads since last year.
FIVE FAST READS
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.