Teen charged after Dayton Amber Alert makes court appearance

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Combined ShapeCaption
Mike Campbell interviews Dayton PD on Amber Alert

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

UPDATE @ 2:20 p.m.:

A 15-year-old girl accused of abducting a 9-month-old boy, leading to an Amber Alert, made an appearance in a Montgomery County juvenile court Tuesday afternoon.

PREVIOUS REPORT:  9-month-old boy abducted from Dayton home found safe

Denials, similar to a not guilty plea, were entered by a magistrate for the teen on charges of kidnapping, theft, and obstruction of justice.

She indicated she understood the charges filed against her, using only one word answers, according to News Center 7’s Mike Campbell.

She has been ordered to remain in the custody of the Juvenile Detention Center.


The teen’s next court appearance was scheduled for Oct. 29.

This news outlet is not identifying the teen because she is a juvenile.


The 15-year-old in custody in connection to an Amber Alert following the alleged abduction of a 9-month-old baby in Dayton Monday will appear before a magistrate Tuesday in the Montgomery County Juvenile Court, according to officials.

The teen is scheduled to be in court at 1:30 p.m.

Explore>> POLICE: 9-month-old boy abducted from Dayton home found safe

The baby, I’Zyion Reese, and the teen were found in the 1800 block of North Main Street in Dayton around 11:15 a.m. Monday, according to police.

"There's nothing more traumatic than a child missing. Especially a 9-month-old who has absolutely no way of communicating or caring for itself,” said Lt. Jason Hall with the Dayton Police Department.

The baby’s mother said she has four kids, with Reese being the youngest.

The teen was staying at a home in the 3000 block of Haberer Avenue overnight, when she allegedly took the child without the family’s permission around 3 a.m., Hall said.

The mother of the child said she stays at her apartment with her brother and her four kids. She said they let the teen stay with them last night to be nice.

Around 3 a.m., the mother said the teen stole her brother’s cell phone, took the baby and left.

The mother said she wasn’t aware of the baby being missing until she woke up at 7 a.m.

Combined ShapeCaption


Combined ShapeCaption

About the Author