A resident told firefighters he was working on the gasoline line of his pickup truck when the attached garage of the house on Lockheed Drive in Vandalia caught fire Friday night, a fire official said.
>> Sheriff's office recognizes boys for their good community work
No one was injured in the fire, which was contained to the vehicle, the garage and some property in the garage.
Crews were dispatched to the 200 block of Lockheed Drive just after 9 p.m. on the report of a working structure fire.
The fire official said it was too soon to estimate the dollar amount of damage to the truck, the garage and its contents.
In Other News
More patrols, signs after ‘numerous traffic violations’ at SR 72 work...
Air quality alert issued for 4th day due to Canadian wildfires
RiverScape MetroPark to sell alcohol for the first time
Salem Avenue’s reinvention will make great strides with 180 units of...
Longtime Xenia auto shop that closed during COVID to reopen and train...
About the Author