The Ohio Chamber of Commerce Research Foundation released a new report called Ohio BOLD: A Blueprint for Accelerating the Innovation Economy
Here are five of its key points:
1. Ohio needs to do more to keep up with technological advancements.
2. Innovation opportunities should be explored in four areas: NextGen manufacturing, future health, smart infrastructure and data analytics.
3. The state should expand its programs encouraging entrepreneurship and create more early- and late-stage capital financing.
4. Ohio needs to develop, retain and attract a talented and technologically-skilled workforce.
5. The cost of the implementing the plan would be significant, but should mostly be paid for by reallocating existing resources.