The Ohio Chamber of Commerce Research Foundation released a new report called Ohio BOLD: A Blueprint for Accelerating the Innovation Economy
Here are five of its key points:
1. Ohio needs to do more to keep up with technological advancements.
RELATED: How do we get the economy to boom for all?
2. Innovation opportunities should be explored in four areas: NextGen manufacturing, future health, smart infrastructure and data analytics.
RELATED: We asked readers how to fix Dayton’s economy. This is what they told us.
3. The state should expand its programs encouraging entrepreneurship and create more early- and late-stage capital financing.
RELATED: Millions of dollars awarded to region to help startup companies
4. Ohio needs to develop, retain and attract a talented and technologically-skilled workforce.
5. The cost of the implementing the plan would be significant, but should mostly be paid for by reallocating existing resources.
Path Forward: Jobs and the Economy
- » Jobs expert: ‘This is going to be an epidemic’
- » What skills are being sought by Dayton businesses
- » Training programs seek to bridge skills gap
- » Tips for landing your dream job
- » These jobs are expected to see the highest demand in Ohio through 2024
- » SEE: Students young and mid-career adapting to workforce needs
- » Five resources to find a job or get training
- » Extreme BattleBots teach kids STEM skills
- » Ohio Chamber of Commerce calls for BOLD innovation in the state
- » Expert offers 7 great tips for finding a job
About the Author