The Ohio Chamber of Commerce Research Foundation released a new report called Ohio BOLD: A Blueprint for Accelerating the Innovation Economy
Here are five of its key points:
1. Ohio needs to do more to keep up with technological advancements.
2. Innovation opportunities should be explored in four areas: NextGen manufacturing, future health, smart infrastructure and data analytics.
3. The state should expand its programs encouraging entrepreneurship and create more early- and late-stage capital financing.
4. Ohio needs to develop, retain and attract a talented and technologically-skilled workforce.
5. The cost of the implementing the plan would be significant, but should mostly be paid for by reallocating existing resources.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.