DP&L is warning customers not to fall for a scam call claiming to be the electricity provider.
The company has received numerous calls from customers reporting a caller threatening to shut off electric service if immediate payment is not received, according to an email from DP&L to customers late Tuesday afternoon.
»BIZ BEAT: First Wayfair store to permanently open Friday with big discounts
The call may say DP&L on caller ID or come from a DP&L number, but customers should not pay over the phone. Instead, if they suspect the call is a crime, they should alert local police and call DP&L at the number on a billing statement or (800) 433-8500 to verify account status.
The payment scams are targeting residential and small business customers.
FIVE FAST READS
• Things Remembered reportedly prepares to file bankruptcy, close stores
• Hepatitis A outbreak continues to grow in Ohio
• Niche store at The Greene to close later this month
• 5 ways potential Kettering Amazon delivery facility could speed up your delivery
• 7 Super Bowl commercials that will have you laughing even after the game
About the Author