» READ MORE: Pet adoption center wins preliminary OK for new facility
Here are five things to know about the adoption center:
1. SICSA stands for The Society for the Improvement of Conditions for Stray Animals. The adoption and animal shelter has rescued and adopted more than 7,500 animals through the years.
2. The shelter has been part of the Miami Valley for 43 years, beginning in 1974.
3. SICSA is a "no kill" facility.
4. In 2016, the center had 1,654 adoptions and just more than 26,000 volunteer hours, according to its website.
5. The location for the proposed new 20,000-square-foot building is on Washington Church Road, north of Lyons Road overlooking Interstate 675.
» EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: Download our apps for real-time alerts on the news you care about
» NEWS IN YOUR INBOX: Sign up for our email newsletters on the topics you love