Here are a few of the mandatory rules:
1. Participants, spectators, and employees must adhere to six-foot physical distancing while at the facility/course.
2. No team water coolers or shared drinking stations.
3. Each team must have their own game balls to use while playing defense.
4. Coaches and umpires must wear face coverings at all times during practice and games.
5. Athletes must wear face coverings at all times while not actively participating in the field of play during practice and games.
» EARLIER COVERAGE: DeWine sees sports coming back without fans
6. Belongings should be used only by the individual owner or operator including, but not limited to water bottles, gloves, bats, hats, and other on- and off-field gear.
7. Players and coaches should refrain from high fives, handshake lines, and other physical contact with teammates, opposing players, coaches, umpires, and fans. A “tip the cap” can be used following the game in lieu of the handshake line.
8. No spitting or eating seeds, gum, other similar products.
Here are some recommended best practices:
1. Digital check-in and registration for all events.
2. Lineups should be entered online or by spoken word and recorded by officials/umpires without exchanging any physical documents with coaches or players.
» CORONAVIRUS: Complete Coverage
3. Athletes are strongly recommended to travel to the venue alone or with a member of their immediate household.
4. Face coverings are strongly recommended for any spectators at practices and games.
5. Umpires calling balls and strikes should allow adequate distance behind the catcher while still able to perform their duty.
6. Whenever possible, equipment and personal items should have proper separation and should not be shared. If equipment must be shared, proper sanitation should be administered between users.
7. Hand washing or hand sanitizing, in the absence of soap and water, are strongly recommended for athletes, coaches and spectators during the games.
8. For each practice session, it is recommended that coaches divide players into groups and establish rotating shifts when possible.