1. Wayne (2-1): Warriors vault to the top spot from No. 4 following a clutch 21-14 defeat of Trotwood-Madison. Middletown, No. 1 all season, tumbles after being knocked out by Winton Woods, 51-13. Wayne defeated Winton Woods in the season opener, 30-20; at Xenia.
2. Springboro (3-0): Panthers are the area’s early surprise D-I team after taking out Mason and Centerville on the road and manhandling Fairmont last week, 34-14; at Sidney.
3. Lebanon (3-0): We know what you’re thinking – Springboro and Lebanon will probably play for the GWOC South title in Week 10; host Centerville in key matchup for both teams.
4. Lakota West (3-0): Firebirds have their offense humming, haven’t scored less than 34 points and have outscored the opposition 115-41; host Mason.
5. Middletown (1-2): Not giving up on the Middies yet, but they need a quality win; could be against visiting Fairfield and former head coach Jason Krause.
Others: Beavercreek, Centerville, Fairborn, Fairfield, Fairmont, Hamilton, Lakota East, Mason, Miamisburg, Middletown, Northmont, Springboro, Springfield, Troy, Xenia.
1. Trotwood-Madison (1-2): Rams remain a wobbly No. 1 after falling 21-14 to Wayne; host Fairmont.
2. Tippecanoe (3-0): Red Devils displace Franklin, have pitched two straight shutouts. Anything else? How about overwhelming the opposition by a combined 144-7; host Indian Lake.
3. Piqua (2-1): Indians move up two spots after defeating Kings and Lima Senior following a season-opening defeat to state-ranked Elida; host Beavercreek.
4. Edgewood (3-0): Cougars make their ratings debut and are No. 2 in the Region 8 computer rankings after handing Badin its first loss last week, 22-21; at Wilmington, also 3-0.
5. Franklin (2-1): Favored Wildcats played up but still couldn’t overcome Miamisburg, suffering their first loss 13-10; fall from No. 2 and knock Tecumseh out of the ratings; host Monroe.
Others: Bellbrook, Greenville, Kings, Little Miami, Piqua, Ross, Sidney, Stebbins, Talawanda, Tecumseh, Vandalia Butler, West Carrollton.
1. Thurgood Marshall (3-0): Cougars solidified their first week at No. 1 by putting a 42-13 blowout on host Col. Eastmoor; at Chillicothe.
2. Alter (2-0-1): Knights get a record blemish after suspended game with visiting Napoleon wasn’t completed because Napoleon didn’t want to stay over to finish on Saturday; host Roger Bacon.
3. Kenton Ridge (3-0): Cougars haven’t played a winning team and continue to be gouged defensively, but the offense hasn’t scored less than 35 points; host Greenon.
4. Urbana (2-1): Hillclimbers recovered from a loss to Walnut Ridge to knock defending state runner-up Spg. Shawnee out of the ratings, 43-27; at Tecumseh.
5. Eaton (2-1): Eagles have wins over winless Greenville and Talawanda; host Brookville in a good test.
Others: Bellefontaine, Carroll, Dunbar, Graham, Meadowdale, Monroe, Oakwood, Spg. Shawnee, Urbana.
1. Chaminade Julienne (2-1): Eagles replace Milton-Union and leap back to No. 1 after defeating Meadowdale 54-20; host Purcell Marian.
2. Waynesville (2-1): Spartans shut out Blanchester 36-0 to jump from No. 5; host Carlisle.
3. Milton-Union (2-1): Bulldogs aren’t ready to tackle Tippecanoe, falling 27-0 in a great rival showdown; at Bellbrook.
4. Badin (2-1): Rams are coming off a 22-21 heartbreaking setback to unbeaten Edgewood; at Fenwick.
5. Madison (2-1): Mohawks fall from No. 3 after being defeated 38-15 at Wyoming; host Northridge.
Others: Brookville, Carlisle, Fenwick, Greeneview, Greenon, Northeastern, Northridge, Northwestern, Ponitz Tech, Preble Shawnee, Valley View.
1. Coldwater (3-0): It’s a sweep for the Cavs, who were No. 1 in this week’s first Associated Press state poll and remain No. 1 in the Region 20 computer rankings; host Delphos St. John’s.
2. Covington (3-0): Buccs have shut out Mississinawa Valley and Bethel, but their wins are against teams with a combined 1-8 record; that changes at Bradford (3-0) in what could go a long way for the CCC title.
3. Versailles (1-2): Tigers tumble from No. 2 after absorbing a 21-7 setback to Coldwater; at unbeaten Anna.
4. West Liberty-Salem (3-0): Tigers also haven’t been challenged, beating teams that are a combined 2-7; at Southeastern in a key OHC game.
5. Dayton Christian (3-0): High-scoring and independent Warriors are well on their way to their first postseason bid; host Ponitz Tech.
Others: Anna, Bethel, Dixie, Miami East, National Trail, Twin Valley South.
1. Marion Local (3-0): Like MAC rival Coldwater, the Flyers also have swept the first AP state poll, Region 24 ratings and the Power Rankings; host Fort Recovery.
2. Minster (3-0): Wildcats begin the MAC grind at St. Henry; mustn’t look ahead to next week’s visit from Coldwater.
3. St. Henry (2-1): Redskins were impressive in 21-17 loss to Delphos SJ’s; host Minster.
4. Tri-County North (2-1): Panthers have won two straight since opening setback to Brookville and flip places with Southeastern; at Bethel.
5. Southeastern (2-1): Trojans fell 27-17 to unbeaten Madison Plains and get their second straight unbeaten opponent by hosting WL-Salem.
Others: Ansonia, Arcanum, Bradford, Cedarville, Central Catholic, Cin. Christian, Fort Loramie, Fort Recovery, Jefferson, Lehman Catholic, Mississinawa Valley, New Bremen, New Miami.