The Cincinnati Reds, who open their Cactus League schedule on Feb. 23 against the Cleveland Indians in Goodyear, Ariz., announced a list of players they have invited to major league spring training camp.
Among the names are:
• Infielder/outfielder Nick Senzel: The No. 1 prospect for the Reds in 2019, according to MLB.com, Senzel hit .310 with six home runs and 25 RBIs in 44 games in 2018 at Triple-A Louisville before breaking his right index finger and missing the rest of the season. He was the team’s top pick in 2016.
• Outfielder Taylor Trammell: The No. 2 prospect, a first-round pick in 2016, hit .277 with Single-A Daytona.
• Right-handed pitcher Tony Santillan: The No. 5 prospect, a second-round pick in 2015, was 4-3 with a 3.61 ERA in 11 starts for Double-A Pensacola.
• Catcher Tyler Stephenson: The No. 6 prospect, a first-round pick in 2015, hit .250 with Daytona.
• Right-handed pitcher Vladimir Gutierrez: The No. 8 prospect was 9-10 with a 4.35 ERA with Pensacola.
• OutfielderTJ Friedl: The No. 14 prospect, who signed as an undrafted free agent in 2016, hit .276 with Pensacola.
• Catcher Chris Okey: The No. 24 prospect, a second-round pick in 2016, hit .198 in 78 games with Pensacola.
The other invitations went to: right-handed pitchers Anthony Bass, Odrisamer Despaigne and Alex Powers; catcher Juan Graterol; infielders Christian Colón and Alfredo Rodriguez; and outfielders Aristides Aquino, Brian O’Grady, Jordan Patterson, Mason Williams and Kyle Wren.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.