» RELATED: 5 things to know about Bargain Hunt opening
The store is located in the former PNC Bank location. The second floor of the building has been removed in a renovation and will leave 33,700 square feet for the retail outlet.This location will employ from 25 to 30 people.
Bargain Hunt, which has five other locations in Ohio, will host its grand opening for the new store on Friday at 10 a.m.
» BUSINESS NEWS: Cozy local cafe enchants with literary magic, Harry Potter drinks
“We know that customers are interested in value-driven retailers,” said Don Gozzard, vice president of retail operations. “We’re one of the best at providing national products and brands at a great value.”
A store spokeswoman told this newspaper that they are considering additional locations in the Dayton area, as well as throughout the Midwest and Southeast. The store has locations in Cincinnati, Springfield and Columbus.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Huber Heights manufacturer will add 42 employees in tax credit deal
• RETAIL APOCALYPSE: 3,500 stores or more to close this year
• STORE CLOSURES: GameStop to close 150 stores
• Harambe fans rejoice: Charity to host gorilla-themed run in Cincinnati
• Did your favorite make the list? 10 best pizza places in Ohio