Hotels aren’t the only place you have to worry about getting bed bugs.
Reports of bed bugs on some international airline are increasing. Air India has had multiple reports of bed bugs in its business-class seats, according to several news outlets including Fox5NY. Late in July, two Air India passengers posted online about being bitten by bed bugs on flights from the New York to India.
» TRENDING: Lash extensions may come with creepy crawlers. Would you trade beauty for bugs?
It’s not the first airline to have issues with reports of bed bugs. British Airways and United Airlines also dealt with reports from passengers about bed bug bites in 2010 and 2011. British Airways told Travel + Leisure that bed bugs aboard airplanes are very rare occurrences.
Worried about bed bugs on your next flight?
• Inspect the seat before sitting down
• Consider using a personal pillow and blanket, and opting out on the pillow and blanket provided by the airline
• Bed bug seat covers and "Travel Hygea Natural Exterminator Spray" can also be purchased before a flight
FIVE FAST READS
• Thunderbirds celebrate milestone year representing US Air Force
• Kroger launches fashion apparel brand
• 5 surprising ways Kroger is changing stores in 2018
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house