» RELATED: New Elder-Beerman shops opening in Dayton
There are more than 350 Murray’s Cheese shops in Kroger locations.
“When the Kroger and Murray’s relationship started in 2008, we wanted to figure out how to bring the finest cheese and charcuterie to more people,” said Daniel Hammer, Kroger’s vice president of culinary development and deli/bakery merchandising.
Rob Kaufelt, the former owner and president of Murray’s, will remain affiliated with the business as a strategic adviser. Nick Tranchina will lead the Murray’s Cheese team in New York and will report to Daniel Hammer at Kroger.
Murray’s Cheese shops in Kroger stores replicate the same experience customers enjoy at its Greenwich Village flagship store. Each shop carries hundreds of cheeses, charcuterie, olives, crackers and specialty food.
Murray's Cheese is sold at local Kroger locations including stores in Kettering, Miamisburg, Beavercreeek, Centerville and Englewood.
FIVE QUICK BUSINESS READS
• GROCERY WARS: 5 things to know about the Dayton grocery market
• Pet food with potential contaminant recalled in Ohio
• Is Macy's sale imminent? Canadian company reportedly approaches company
• Dayton ranks in Top 100 best place to live in U.S.
• One of the largest U.S. greenhouse farms to open soon north of Dayton