» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: Walmart to roll out ‘Scan & Go’ technology in another 100 stores
Fiona, the baby hippopotamus, captivated the hearts and attention of people across the world after she was born six weeks premature at the Cincinnati Zoo last year. She is the smallest hippo ever to survive, and now she weighs more than 600 pounds.
“We wanted to do a fun bouquet for her and it just seemed perfect to do this for her birthday. We worked with the Cincinnati Zoo for information and official Fiona pictures,” said Margaret McClure, vice president of merchandising, Kroger’s Cincinnati/Dayton division. “We also went through several different bouquet ‘recipes’ before deciding on the perfect mix to showcase Fiona’s fun personality.”
Single-packaged Busken cookies with Fiona picture will also be sold at Kroger stores for $2.99 with .50 cents going to the Zoo. The bouquet and cookie will be available while supplies last.
FIVE FAST READS
• In another blow for Elder-Beerman, Bon-Ton posts holiday sales decline
• Allegiant to add new flights at local airport
• German grocery chain Lidl halts plans to open local store
• At Home store to open in Dayton area this month
• Currency of the future? Some argue it's bitcoin