Construction is currently underway for the remodel. The new location is bigger and will have more walk- and drive-by traffic, Agee said.
»PHOTOS: Local smart home with spa features, tree house on market for nearly $4M
The jeweler moved to its current 3951 Far Hills Ave. in Kettering near the corner of Far Hills and Stroop Road in 2006, according to Dayton Daily News records. Before that, the store was in downtown Dayton.
“Even though we are across from a neighborhood (Kettering) is just kind of an awkward location and there’s nothing else, except the pizza next door,” Agee said. “All the different shops down there (in Oakwood) will be a good opportunity for us to have more business.”
Jaffe Jewelers is owned by Lawrence “Larry” Jaffe, a Dayton native and third generation jeweler.
FIVE FAST READS
• Starbucks set to open largest coffee store, roastery in November
• Kroger launches own line of meatless burgers, plant-based foods
• Popular video game store closing up to 200 locations
• Kroger, Walmart asks shoppers not to openly carry guns, will allow concealed ones
• Target kicks off holiday hiring spree, looking for 130K workers