No Macy’s stores will close in the Dayton region in the near future, but staff changes could occur, according to a company spokeswoman.
“We are fine-tuning our staffing needs in some of our smaller stores to better tailor our in-store resources with business needs and expectations, while providing the best possible customer service experience. This includes increasing associates in some areas of store operations and reducing associates in others. We have not provided a breakdown of these changes by store or region,” the Macy’s spokeswoman said.
Earlier this month, the company announced the closure of 11 Macy’s stores — including one in downtown Cincinnati. It’s part of the retailer’s plan to close approximately 100 stores, which was announced back in August 2016.
» MUST-READ RETAIL NEWS: Will Macy’s become a discount store? Retailer shares grim sales report
The following Macy’s stores will be closing in early 2018. In most cases, clearance sales started Jan. 8 and run for approximately 8 to 12 weeks. Macy’s has closed a total of 124 stores since 2015.
- Laguna Hills Mall, Laguna Hills, CA
- Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
- Novato (Furniture), Novato, CA
- Stonestown Galleria, San Francisco, CA
- The Oaks, Gainesville, FL
- Miami (Downtown), Miami, FL
- Magic Valley Mall, Twin Falls, ID
- Honey Creek Mall, Terre Haute, IN
- Birchwood Mall, Fort Gratiot Township, MI
- Fountain Place, Cincinnati, OH
- Burlington Town Center, Burlington, VT
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS