• Powell's Freckles Design Studio: Owned by Amy Whitacker, this studio has been selling jewelry to local boutiques and shows. Now, she's ventured into handmade pillows and home decor.
• The Cleveland Candle Co.: About 90 percent of the scented oils used to make these candles come from Ohio. The labels are printed on recycled paper, and also made in downtown Cleveland. Each candle name is written by an associate at their shop.
• Westerville's Megan Lee Designs: Owner Megan Lee starts every product off with a pencil drawing that is burnt onto a screen and printed. Her goal is to "to take what makes me happy and turn it into designs that people can wear everyday," she said.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Rehabilitation center gets $6M expansion
• State to close Huber Heights center, eliminate 214 jobs
• DP&L to shut down 2 Ohio plants
• African refugees find new home in Fairborn
• Easter bunny arrives at local malls this week