Pet Supplies Plus is expanding its footprint with new franchised and corporate stores.
The retailer will open five new stores this week in Texas, Florida, Illinois and Iowa, and the company is expected to open 50 new stores this year. Pet Supplies Plus opened 33 franchise stores and 12 corporate stores — for a total of about 425 stores in the chain.
All new locations have not been announced yet.
» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: Elder-Beerman parent company says possible buyers interested in bid
“We have loyal, repeat business because our neighbors truly look forward to the experience we provide them when they walk through our doors,” said Chris Rowland, Pet Supplies Plus CEO.
The chain is also testing an online pick-up program, called “You Click. We Fetch,” in multiple locations. Pet Supplies Plus has multiple locations in the regoin including in Kettering, Beavercreek and Centerville.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• No retail apocalypse for these companies: 5 retailers opening stores in 2018
• Franco's Ristorante Italiano owner dies
• Former DP&L power plants to lay off 370 workers in Ohio
• Amazon looking to buy abandoned Toys 'R' Us storefronts
• Check out this $1 million home for sale in Clearcreek Twp.