The company announced in early June that the store, located at 8001 Old Troy Pike in Huber Heights, would close permanently. The sporting goods and outdoor retailer filed for bankruptcy in March, and was acquired by Camping World Holdings Inc. in April. READ MORE
Puzzle Plus, a family-owned puzzle store, sells jigsaws, brain teasers, puzzle books and games. The store carries games and puzzles for all ages and skill levels. The puzzle store opened in 1995 in Beavercreek, but just opened a second location at The Greene at 4465 Glengarry Drive. READ MORE
Two new stores will open on Far Hills Avenue in Oakwood next week. The Oakwood Candy Shoppe will celebrate its grand opening on Aug. 22 at 2541 Far Hills Ave. in Oakwood. The store will open next to the Avalon Hair & Color Studio. Owner Katherine Wright, a Kettering resident, said the candy shop will have old-fashioned candy, special sodas and sparkling ciders. READ MORE
4. Sears Holdings to close 28 more Kmart stores, 1 store in Ohio
Comparable store sales declined 11.5 percent during the second quarter of 2017. Kmart comparable store sales decreased 9.4 percent, with a 6.8 percent decline excluding the impact of the consumer electronics and pharmacy categories. Sears comparable store sales declined 13.2 percent, with a 12.1 percent decline excluding consumer electronics category.
5. Future of local malls? Breweries, Amazon lockers, art galleries
The owner of local malls is introducing new innovative methods to lure shoppers back to traditional retail — and the future of the shopping centers could include breweries, outdoor seating, Amazon lockers and art galleries. READ MORE
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Cincinnati airport to give away free cheese coneys, Graeter's ice cream
• Trump attacks Amazon on Twitter again. Here's why.
• Is this the future of air travel? Pilotless planes to be ready by 2025
• You can live in this refurbished, historic church in Oregon District
• 9 recent changes that are revolutionizing the local retail industry
About the Author