NEW DETAILS: Street festival, massive block-long ribbon cutting part of Dayton Metro Library opening
Additionally, the summer program includes readings by this year’s workshop faculty. These readings are also free and open to the public thanks to support from the Ohio Arts Council, and held at 7 p.m. at University of Dayton in the Science Center, Lecture Hall Room 114. (Park in lot B and follow the signs).
• Sunday, July 9: Readings by Lori Rader-Day, Susan Pohlman, Tim Waggoner and Julie L. Moore.
• Monday, July 10: Readings by Jamey Dunham, Crystal Wilkinson, and Kristina McBride.
• Tuesday, July 11: Readings by Matthew Goodman, Janet Irvin, and Kathy Fagan.
• Wednesday, July 12: Participants' Open Mic Night.
• Thursday, July 13: Readings by selected participants.
A Q&A with authors, book sales and signings will follow the keynote and the readings. Learn more about the authors at www.antiochwritersworkshop.com/faculty-summer-workshop.
READ THIS NEXT: Signature launches 10th season with ‘Poetic Muse’
Attendees are writers who want to learn more about the creative writing craft and make connections in the creative writing community; many are from the region, but a good percentage are from across the country (and in some years, from around the world.)
Though registration for the Full Week program is closed, those interested in attending the following programs "A La Carte" may register at www.antiochwritersworkshop.com through Wednesday July 5:
• One day "Saturday Seminar" focusing on "Building Blocks for Your BEST Writing," led by author and Writer's Digest editor Jessica Strawser and local authors Dave Essinger, Jeff Marks, and Trudy Krisher, July 8, 8:30-4:30 p.m.
• Creative Writing Craft session, sponsored by Greene County Public Library, led by John Scalzi — Sunday, July 9, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. (followed by book signing)
• Morning Only classes, which includes Scalzi's Sunday session as well as poetry, fiction, nonfiction and professional skills for writers led by a variety of faculty on Monday, July 10 – Friday, July 14, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Afternoon Only "Getting Started" class, led by area author Jamey Dunham, which includes John's Sunday session as well as the afternoon seminar Sunday, July 9-Friday July 14, 2:30-5 p.m.
50 ideas for your Dayton Summer Bucket List
All of the above classes will be held at University of Dayton, with location details provided upon registration.
In addition to its partnership with University of Dayton, grant support from Ohio Arts Council, and 2017 keynote/craft class sponsorship from Greene County Public Library, Antioch Writers’ Workshop at University of Dayton receives support and sponsorship from WYSO 91.3 FM, Books & Co. at The Greene, and Dayton restaurants Butter Café, Dewey’s Pizza, Milano’s and Old Scratch Pizza.
And on a personal note: I hope to see you at the keynote and/or free evening readings! The Antioch Writers’ Workshop at University of Dayton has long been a major part of my own literary life, and I hope you’ll make it part of yours, too.