Experience a Victorian Christmas this weekend in Hamilton’s German Village.
The German Village Christmas Walk will offer a variety of holiday-themed festivities — including horse-drawn carriage rides, strolling musicians and reindeer — but you can also tour private homes and businesses from the Victorian era, some of which date back to the 1830s.
“We have six new openings on the walk this year,” said Ann Dennett, longtime chairwoman of the German Village Christmas Walk.
There are 29 different stops this year as part of the Christmas Walk, including two historic homes that have been renovated and are new to this year’s event, according to Dennett.
Other event highlights include:
• Choir concert: 4 p.m. at St. Julie Billiart Catholic Parish
• Horse-drawn carriage rides: Available from noon to 4:30 p.m.
• Yuletide Brass: This quartet of strolling musicians in Dickens-era attire will perform from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Hamilton High School String Quartet: 4:30 to 5 p.m. concert at the Butler County Historical Museum
• 4th annual Gingerbread House Contest: The YWCA will have a number of gingerbread houses on display
• Petting zoo: Animals will include reindeer from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
• Santa Claus: Children can meet the jolly old elf from noon to 5 p.m. in the Emma Ritchie Auditorium at the Butler County Historical Society
• Children’s crafts: From noon to 4 p.m. at the Hamilton Lane Library, children can write a letter to Santa, create an elf hat or make a beaded holiday bracelet
“All the events are free to the public, because of the generous contributions from the community and Friends of the Village,” Dennett said.
• • • •
HOW TO GO
When: Noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2
Where: German Village, North 2nd Street in Hamilton
More info: Call 513-288-4688
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.