1572 Roadhouse Bar-B-Q opened is situated on the grounds of the Ohio Renaissance Festival at 10542 E. State Route 73 near Waynesville.
How it works
The 1572 Roadhouse Bar-B-Q will open at 2 p.m. each day and music will start at 8 p.m.
Tickets to the show will be $10 a person. Seating is first-come, first-served and limited to four people per square. Guests provide the seating, so bring your lawn chairs.
The restaurant helmed by pitmasters Chris Cavender and Erin Kozac features smoked tender turkey, pulled pork, ribs, tri tips, Texas hot link sausages and wings. The meats each have their own customized rubs and are then smoked daily using apple, cherry and hickory woods. In 2016, Cavendae took home first place in a National Barbecue competition for his “All About The Meat” beef rub.
With roughly 200 seats on a 3,200-square-foot covered deck, the rustic, outdoor covered patio is one of the best in our region. CONTRIBUTED/ALEXIS LARSEN
The 1572 Roadhouse Bar-B-Q restaurant sits on the grounds of the Ohio Renaissance Festival at 10542 E. State Route 73 in Harveysburg east of Waynesville.
What to know before you go
Here are the protocols that will be followed for the mini-concert series:
• Employees and customers are required to wear masks except for eating or drinking or when 6 feet of social distancing between people/groups can be achieved.
• Ticket sales will be limited to the current State of Ohio guidelines.
• Socially distanced pods are limited to 4 people per pod. Placement will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
• You must be in your pod to eat or drink in the stage area or seated on the patio at the 1572 Roadhouse Bar-B-Q.
• Social distancing will be in effect in lines for beverages, seating, and ticketing.
• Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the area.
• Additional cleaning of restroom facilities will be done.
• Ticket sales are highly encouraged to be done in advance online for contactless entry.
• A minimum of 12 feet will be between the stage and the audience.
• There will be one-way entry and exit into the stage area.
• Walkways will be socially distanced between pods.
• No congregating in open areas is allowed.
• No meet and greet will be permitted with performers.
• Protocols are subject to change based upon most current State guidelines.
For more information visit https://1572roadhousebarbq.com/events
Contact this contributing writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.