- A resident who was living with family recently before being admitted to a nursing and who is struggling with the change in environment and lack of physical family support
- A resident grieving after a friend or family member died
- A resident who needs cueing and encouragement with eating or drinking that was previously provided by family or a caregiver and is losing weight or is dehydrated
- A resident who used to talk and interact with other and is experiencing emotional distress, seldom speaking or crying more
- A resident who was been re-admitted to the facility after an acute care admission to the hospital
- A resident who has a new order for an anti-psychotic, anti-depressant or an appetite stimulant
- A resident whose dementia has progressed
- A resident who is no longer responding to loved ones during virtual visits
- When family members notice a change in the resident’s appearance, grooming or cognition during window or virtual visits
Facilities are also required to test vaccinated staff once a week and unvaccinated staff twice a week.
The updated orders kept previous visitation requirements, such as screening guests for COVID, keeping a visitor log book and requiring guests to wear masks.