Food burning on a stove caused a small fire early Wednesday evening that evacuated a six-story Dayton apartment building.
Dayton firefighters responded just before 5 p.m. to the Wright View Apartments at 848 Riverview Terrace.
A 911 caller said there was smoke on the third floor and that he was not able to tell where it was coming from.
The fire started on a stovetop. Fire crews reported that the fire did not involve food and that there was smoldering papers on the stove, according to a call log from the Montgomery County Regional Dispatch Center.
At least three or four people were being checked for smoke inhalation at the scene. It was not clear whether anyone was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
In Other News
Ohio liquor legislation could remove production limits from...
‘Every story is important’: Remembering those lives lost in Vietnam
Oakwood Far Hills sewer work by high school delayed until after July 4...
2 bills could change how social studies is taught in Ohio schools
4 graduating seniors give high school underclassmen key advice
About the Author