Reshape your life this fall with Air Force Materiel Command’s DOWNSIZED Challenge. The challenge encourages participants to lose and maintain a healthy weight by learning healthy lifestyle habits for nutrition and physical activity.
Participants who enroll and complete the official weigh-in will receive a free digital kitchen food scale. Civilian Health Promotion Services will conduct the challenge.
How to participate in the DOWNSIZED Challenge:
• Enroll online at http://www.afmcwellness.com/ until Oct 19.
• Complete the official weigh-in Oct. 10-19, and receive the free digital kitchen food scale enrollment award.
• Lose 2 percent of your initial weigh-in weight through healthy lifestyle behavior from Oct. 22-Dec. 4, 2018. Example calculation: Beginning weight is 200 lbs.; 2 percent of 200 lbs. (0.02 x 200) = 4 lbs.
• Attend the CHPS education class, “DOWNSIZED,” between Oct. 22-Dec. 4, 2018.
• Compete the official weight-out from Dec. 5-14 to receive the lunch cooler completion award.
To receive the DOWNSIZED completion award, each participant needs to enroll in the challenge, lose at least 2 percent of initial weight and attend the CHPS class titled “DOWNSIZED.”
For more information, visit http://www.afmcwellness.com/ or contact your local CHPS team at 904-9359.
About the Author