Brown allegedly told police Bonaparte shot him prior to being transported to Springfield Regional Medical Center, according to court records. He later died at the hospital.
A witness later told police she and the two victims had been inside the apartment most of the day. A man named “Chiraq” knocked on the door and entered the apartment with another man named “Packy,” the court records say.
MORE COVERAGE: 9-1-1 call in Springfield shooting death: ‘Just had a shootout down there’
The men began arguing and Chiraq said, “I don’t have time for the (expletive),” then allegedly pulled out a semi-automatic handgun and shot Brown in the chest, police said in court records.
Brown then began shooting back and the two allegedly exchanged several rounds of gunfire, court records say. Beal was caught between the two and shot one time in the head, police said.
Bonaparte faces two counts of murder in connection with Brown’s death, including an alternative charge for allegedly causing his death as a result of felonious assault, Clark County Prosecutor Andy Wilson said. Bonaparte also faces one count in connection with Beal’s death.
Police have asked for the public’s help in locating Bonaparte. He’s described as a 5-foot-8-inch tall man, weighing 150 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.
Springfield Police Capt. Michael Varner told the Springfield News-Sun last week that anyone who helps Bonaparte could face charges themselves. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Springfield Police Division at 937-324-7685.
The grand jury also returned the followed indictments on Monday:
• Timothy J. Eberhart, 51: violating protection order.
• Robert Lee Coder, 27, 105 N. Western Ave.: receiving stolen property.
• William J. Wilson, 231 E. Euclid Ave.: two counts of burglary.
• Jorden Reedy, 23, 1801 Russell Ave.: failure to verify current address.
• Timothy L. Johns, 56, 703 Reading Drive: domestic violence.
• Jamie Lee Back, 37: breaking and entering, tampering with evidence.
• Airelle Christine Casebolt, 26, 1179 Groop Rd: failure to appear.
• Timothy A. Sowards, 39, 145 S. Light St.: possession of heroin.
• Brandon A. Horn, 35, 2251 Lake Road, New Carlisle: burglary.
5 QUICK CRIME READS
Springfield man allegedly rams car after washing machine dispute
Truck set on fire behind Springfield restaurant suspected arson
Bystanders rescue 2-year-old from street, grandfather charged
Man threatens Springfield post office: “You think Las Vegas was bad?”
Springfield woman accused of biting police officer, spitting on medic