Fairborn City Schools has announced nine candidates who will be interviewed next week for the district’s superintendent position.
First-round interviews are scheduled for Feb. 17-18, with finalists to be interviewed Feb. 29 and March 1-2.
The nine candidates are:
- Thomas Bailey: Assistant Superintendent and Chief Operating Officer, Three Rivers Local Schools; Former Head Principal (Grades K-12), Three River Local Schools
- Kirk Koennecki: Principal, Marion Harding High School, Marion City Schools; Former Principal, Springfield High School
- Eugene Lolli: Principal, Fairborn High School; Former Superintendent, Springboro Community Schools
- Carl Metzger: Assistant Superintendent, South-Western City Schools; Former Superintendent, Marion Local Schools
- Mark North: Superintendent, Lebanon City Schools; Former Assistant Superintendent, Groveport Madison Local Schools
- Tyrone Olverson: Superintendent, Finneytown Local Schools; Former Director of Curriculum & Instruction, Licking Heights Local Schools
- Jeff Patrick: Superintendent, Franklin Monroe Local Schools, Pitsburg, Ohio; Former Superintendent, Bradford Exempted Village Schools
- Jennifer Pennczarski: Superintendent, Kenton City Schools; Former Principal, Tri-Valley Middle School, Dresden, Ohio
- Dr. Brad Ritchey: Director of Instructional Programs, Parma City Schools; Former Principal, Parma Normandy High School
Terry Riley was appointed Fairborn interim superintendent in September after Dave Scarberry stepped aside due to health reasons.
The district’s goal is to hire a superintendent by March 17, with the new leader starting in June or July.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.