Medicare can be confusing but these workshops can help.
Ohio’s Senior Health Insurance Information Program will hold a series of in-person “Welcome to Medicare” events beginning April 4.
These events are geared toward educating the more than 100,000 soon-to-be Medicare eligible Ohioans (people who are turning 65) about their health insurance coverage.
Here’s a list of upcoming events:
• Chesterwood Village, 8073 Tylersville Road, West Chester, 4 p.m. April 23.
• United Senior Services, 125 W. Main St., Springfield, 4 p.m. April 24.
• Earl Heck Community Center, 201 N. Main St., Englewood, at 6 p.m. May 7.
• Boonshoft Center Jewish Family Services, 525 Versailles Drive, Centerville, at 6 p.m. May 13.
• YWCA, 418 N. Wayne St., Piqua, 4 p.m. May 23.
Department Medicare experts will cover topics such as Medicare Part A and B benefits, Part D prescription drug coverage, Medicare Supplement plans, Medicare Advantage plans, financial assistance and key deadlines.
For a full list of events around Ohio, see the Ohio Department of Insurance’s schedule online.