UPDATE @ 3 a.m: An overheated motor on the roof caused a small fire to occur at Steak ‘n Shake on Wilmington Pike Friday morning, officials say.
OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Heat lamp in dog shed may have caused house fire in Preble County
Crews responded to the restaurant, located at 6380 Wilmington Pike, and found smoke inside the building around 2 a.m.
The business was evacuated while crews handled the incident.
No injuries were reported.
The restaurant reopened and everyone was able to go back inside once crews cleared the scene approximately 45 minutes later.
Damage estimates were not immediately available.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.