Man charged following bomb threat at Dayton Children’s Hospital South

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Combined ShapeCaption
childrens south Video

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

UPDATE @ 3:16 p.m.:

A man is facing inducing panic charges following a bomb threat around noon Thursday at Dayton Children’s Hospital South campus, according to police records.

Wally Gandi was arrested and charged, however has been released from custody, police said.

Officers responded to the hospital around 11:40 a.m. after receiving a report that a man in the orthopaedics section of the hospital claimed he had a bomb in his backpack, records show.

ExploreVIDEO: $550 pair of shoes taken in Oakwood ‘ding dong ditch’ prank, police say

Officers responded and evacuated the hospital for approximately 20 minutes while an investigation was conducted, officials said.

No bomb was ever discovered and people were permitted to return to the hospital, reports show.

Gandi will have a future court date, which was not yet scheduled Thursday afternoon.

UPDATE @ 12:24 p.m.:

Springboro police said a suspicious package reported at the Dayton Children’s Hospital South campus is believed to have been a false alarm and people have been permitted to return to the building.

A spokesperson for the hospital also said they have been given the “all-clear” from police.

LOCAL NEWS: Franklin man, Cincinnati woman indicted for creating porn with boy, 2


The Dayton Children’s Hospital South campus has been evacuated for a suspicious package, according to police.

Police were evacuating the building at 333 West Tech Road around 12:10 p.m. Thursday

"We are investigating the matter, we are looking into it,” said Grace Jones, spokeswoman for Dayton Children’s Hospital.

The bomb squad was requested to the scene, according to police.

Vicky Agee was at the hospital with her 17-year-old son for an appointment and said a nurse came in and interrupted the appointment to evacuate them.

We’re working to learn more information.

About the Author