A scary situation in Jefferson Township is being used as a home safety reminder today.
Just after 11 a.m., fire crews were called to a home in the 5800 block of Dayton Farmersville Road where a chimney was reportedly ablaze.
When fire fighters arrived, they found no flames but said the residents were alarmed when smoke began pouring into the house.
Jefferson Township fire officials said the smoke had down-drafted into the home from the chimney. A resident had apparently been using a wood burning stove.
Crews at the scene said situations like this serve as a reminder to get your chimney inspected at least once per year.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.