A wood-burning stove left unattended appears to have been the source of the fire at a commercial building on Fruedenberger Avenue late Tuesday.
Crews arrived at the fire in the 4100 block of Fruedenberger Ave to find flames blowing out of the front door to the building. Crews found the wood-burning stove just inside the building, near the front door, said Trotwood Fire Chief Rick Haacke.
A Dayton fire crew assisted.
A passer-by noticed the fire and smoke and called 9-1-1 just after 10 p.m., Chief Haacke said.
He estimated the damage to the structure and contents at $5,000.
If you have information about this or any other breaking news, call our 24-hour line at 937-259-2237 or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.