Two people and at least one dog were injured after a massive fire broke out in an Englewood home Saturday afternoon.
A man living at 300 Porter Drive was working on a classic muscle car in his garage. When he started the car, the ignition backfired and started a fire in the garage the spread to most of the rest of the house, the Englewood Fire Department said.
The homeowner and a firefighter were taken to an area hospital for minor injuries. Firefighters rescued three dogs from the house, and emergency crews administered treatment to a basset hound that was injured.
The house suffered massive damage. An dollar estimate of the loss was not available at the scene.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.