Four apply to fill vacant Huber Heights coucil seat

Four people have applied to fill the Huber Heights City Council seat left vacant by Seth Morgan.

Morgan resigned because he decided to move out of the city. His resignation was effective Feb. 15.

Frank Wylie, Kathleen Baker, Jamie Kilburn and Joseph Hendrix have all applied to the Ward 3 seat.

Wylie has lived in Huber Heights for nine years, according to his letter declaring his intent to be considered for the position. He works as a clinical supervisor at Brightview Health in Springfield. He is a licensed independent chemical dependency counselor.

Baker works as a CSI Analyst for Premier Health, according to her resume. She grew up in Huber Heights and graduated from Wayne High School.

Kilburn said he and his family have lived in Huber Heights since 1989. He works at Crown Beverage Packaging as a production operator and in quality control, his resume says. He is a member of the Huber Height Masonic Lodge.

Hendrix works as a software engineer for Northrop Grumman, according to his resume. He has lived in Ward 3 since 2017.

RELATED: Huber Heights councilman resigns

All four applicants will be interviewed at the work session on Tuesday. Wylie’s interview will be at 6:30 p.m., Baker’s interview will be at 7 p.m., Kilburn’s at 7:30 p.m. and Hendrix’s at 8 p.m.

Before his resignation, Councilman Glenn Otto called Morgan’s residency into question.

Morgan’s wife filed for divorce in October 2019, according to court records.

Since then, Morgan and his three children had been living with his parents in Beavercreek.

Huber Heights Mayor Jeff Gore said under state law Morgan was still a resident of the city if he intended on moving back into the city. Morgan informed Gore the day he resigned that his housing search was “taking him outside of the city” and that his intention to return had changed, Gore said.

Otto filed a complaint that they mayor did nothing even though he knew Morgan was temporarily living in Beavercreek. Vice Mayor Nancy Byrge investigated Otto’s complaint and found no wrongdoing on the mayor’s part.

About the Author