Here’s a look at funeral arrangements have been made for several of the victims of last weekend’s mass shooting in the Oregon District:
Turner had recently turned 30 and was out with friends over the weekend in Dayton’s Oregon District, his mother said. She described Turner as “sweet and smart” and “the world’s best son.”
- Visitation: Today, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Service: Saturday, 10 a.m.
- Both will be at Anderson Funeral Home, 40 N. Main St., Springboro
A Vandalia resident and devoted mother, Oglesby is survived by her two young daughters. According to her obituary, Oglesby “loved to travel and spend time with family and children.”
- Visitation: Monday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Service: Monday, 1 p.m.
- Both will be at Phillips Temple Church, 3620 Shiloh Springs Road, Trotwood, Ohio 45426
» RELATED: Connor Betts left decade of red flags
Cumer, a Pennsylvania graduate student, was in Dayton as part of his internship program with the Maple Tree Cancer Alliance. The president of Saint Francis University in Loretto, where Cumer graduated, describes him as a dedicated and caring student.
- Visitation: Today, 1 to 3 and 6 to 8 p.m.
- Service: Saturday, 11 a.m.
- Both at Piatt and Barnhill Funeral Home, 420 Locust Ave., Washington, Penn.
Betts was described as kind and generous by friends and was a student at Wright State. Funeral and visitation plans have not been made public.
McNichols is described as a “gentle giant” and “like a big kid” by his aunt. He had two sons and two daughters, ranging in age 2 to 8.
- Visitation: Monday, 11 a.m. to noon
- Service: Monday, noon
- Both at St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church in Dayton
Fudge was described by his sister as a good man who “loved his family.” Fudge was downtown with his son when he was shot and killed.
- Visitation: Saturday, 11 a.m.
- Service: Noon
- Both held at St. John Missionary Baptist Church
Beatrice Nicole Warren-Curtis
Warren-Curtis, a Virginia resident, was in Dayton to visit her good friend Monica Brickhouse, who was also killed in the shooting. According to her former supervisor, Warren-Curtis “had aspirations to do different things in life, professionally and personally.”
- Visitation: Saturday, 11 a.m.
- Service: Saturday, 12 p.m.
- Though Warren-Curtis lived in Carrollton, Va., her funeral and burial will be in West Virginia, where the family has roots, according to a funeral home director.
Brickhouse leaves behind a husband, Kevon Brickhouse, and three children. She is described in her obituary as a “devoted mother and beautiful wife.”
- Visitation: Saturday, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Service: Saturday, 4 p.m.
- Both at Greater Grace Temple, 380 W. Leffel Lane, Springfield.
Saleh left his native land of Eritrea, Africa, as a refugee with his wife and their young daughter three years ago. Yahya Khamis, president of the Dayton Sudanese community, remembers Saleh as a kindhearted and hard working person.
- Service: Saturday, noon
- Held at the Islamic Cemetery of Greater Dayton , 4989 Old Troy Pike
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.