UPDATE @ 3:52 p.m.:
The McEwan Road bridge reopened today after months of being closed for renovations.
The bridge was closed Aug. 13 with a reopening date set for Nov. 30, weather permitting.
The McEwan Road Bridge remains closed today several days after it’s tentative reopening for a reconstruction project.
>> Washington Twp. bridge to close for reconstruction today
The McEwen Road Bridge was structurally deficient and in poor condition, according to a release. One end of the bridge was supported on jacks since 2012 due to deterioration.
Several detours have been set up:
- The southbound detour is Alex Bell Road, to Paragon Road, to Congress Park Drive.
- The northbound detour is Congress Park Drive, to Paragon Road, to Alex Bell Road.
- The Centerville City School District has rerouted school buses in the area.
- Hadley E. Watts Middle School and First School can only be accessed from the north from Alex Bell Road.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park and South Park offices/warehouses can only be accessed from Senate Drive off of Congress Park Drive.
>> TRENDING: Pike County Murders: Body cam shows George ‘Billy’ Wagner’s arrest
About the Author