Opportunities available to serve in Huber Heights government


caption arrowCaption

The city of Huber Heights is accepting applications for two board vacancies, the city announced.

The Parks and Recreation Board and the Personnel Appeals Board each have one vacancy.

The Parks and Recreation Board makes recommendations to City Council regarding acquisition, improvement, construction and maintenance of the parks, parkways, bikeways and other areas, according to the city. The board operates in an advisory capacity.

MORE: Parent of Wayne HS graduates appointed to Huber Heights school board

The Personnel Appeals Board hears appeals when officers or non-exempt employees of the city are aggrieved by the personnel action of city administration, according to the city. The board is able to subpoena witnesses, administer oaths and require production of evidence. The board’s decisions are subject to court review.

The Parks and Recreation board meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m., or as needed. The Personnel Appeals Board meets as needed.

Applications for the boards will be accepted until April 28. Forms are available at city hall, or at the city website, hhoh.org. Applicants must be a resident and registered to vote in Huber Heights. Expertise is not required for most boards.

Applications should be sent to the Huber Heights City Council, c/o Anthony Rodgers, Clerk of Council, 6131 Taylorsville Road, Huber Heights, OH 45424, or emailed to arodgers@hhoh.org. For more information, call the city at 937-233-1423.

Read more Huber Heights news:

ExploreHome of Champions: Signs proposed for Huber Heights
ExploreHuber children benefit from anonymous donation
ExploreThese Wayne Warriors delivered meals to the needy

About the Author