The single fire unit that responded to check the alarm found the house was full of smoke and a victim who was unconscious.
The victim suffered a medical emergency while cooking sparking the blaze, according to investigators, and was overcome by the smoke before firefighters pulled him to safety.
The victim was transported to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries, Baumle said.
“Its always important to have working smoke detectors,” Baumle said. “In this case, the smoke detector was wired in a manner that sent a message out to our dispatch center; which prompted our initial response for a fire apparatus that found the victim inside.”
Damage to the home was considered minimal Baumle said.
Firefighters have reportedly pulled one person to safety from a Huber Heights home after a fire broke out Wednesday morning.
Crews responded to the home in the 7800 block of Berchman Drive around 9:20 a.m. on reports of smoke from the home.
Initial reports indicate firefighters entered the home and removed one person from the structure. The fire was reportedly contained to the kitchen area, according to scanner traffic.
The condition of the person removed from the home was not immediately available.
We have a crew on the way and we’ll update this page as we learn more.