Heat from stage lights believed to have caused smoke at Tipp City school

ajc.com

Heat from stage lights at Tippecanoe High School’s Center for Performing Arts is believed to have caused a curtain to smolder Wednesday night, according to the Tipp City Fire Department.

>> Live Doppler 7 Radar | INTERACTIVE

School staff members used a fire extinguisher to put out the hazard before fire crews could arrive.

The heat from the stage lights is believed to have made the curtain start to smoke, resulting in an odor as well, according to the fire department.

Damage was kept to a small portion of the stage curtain.

>> Ohio may exempt college textbooks from sales tax

Crews helped ventilate the building and stayed on the scene for about an hour to make sure no hazards remained.

No injuries were reported.

About the Author