Three more cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed in Georgia, Gov. Brian Kemp said Saturday.
Kemp announced that one person is from Cobb County and recently returned from Italy. They are isolated at home.
The second person is from Fulton County and is hospitalized.
A third person, a 46-year-old woman in Floyd County who was "preliminarily" confirmed, has also been confirmed as having novel coronavirus, Kemp said.
Testing is underway on a possible additional case in Gwinnett County, WSB-TV reported.
This makes five people total who have the coronavirus in Georgia.
Kemp announced Monday that there were two cases of coronavirus in Fulton County. The patients are a father and son who traveled to Italy before getting sick.
They are currently being kept inside their home with family to help isolate the virus, WSB reported.
More Coronavirus cases in Georgia, according to Governor Kemp's office pic.twitter.com/jUt9qffdHh— Jamie Dupree (@jamiedupree) March 7, 2020
The governor told residents Monday that there is no reason to panic about the announcement.
“Georgians should remain calm. We were ready for today. We have been preparing for weeks now and so far, every development has come forward just as we expected it would,” Kemp said Monday.
About the Author