Property owner Rene Sutton said no livestock lived in the barn, but several tractors and mowers, chainsaws and other items were lost.
“We were unaware of what was going on,” Sutton said. “The wood was very dry.”
The surveillance camera captured video of one of the family’s pet dogs cowering and running for cover as the intense flames quickly spread through the entire structure.
Despite the rain that fell on Saturday, the heat from the flames melted the siding on the family’s house.
Sutton said the farm is a family business and they lost 200 bails of hay — material that is important to their operations.
“It doesn’t sound like much, but it’s a big loss because we use them to mulch our blueberries,” she said.
It was not the first fire on the property.
STAY CONNECTED: Greene County News on Facebook
Sutton said they had rebuilt their home after a fire destroyed their former one in 2000.
She said she suspects it was an electrical problem that sparked the fire.
“At least it’s not our house,” she said. “Every living thing survived.”
READ MORE STORIES FROM THIS REPORTER