- Salmon en Croûte — Bay of Fundy salmon and mushrooms wrapped in puff pastry and served with lobster sauce and your choice of vegetable or potato
- Spiced Bourbon Salmon — Bay of Fundy salmon with bourbon sauce over horseradish mashed potatoes and sweet potato puree
- Cedar Plank Salmon — Bay of Fundy salmon, marinated in soy, lime and spices roasted on a cedar plank and served with your choice of vegetable or potato
3) The options
With multiple options to choose from in the included three courses, there’s plenty to tempt your tastebuds.
Christopher’s Restaurant & Catering, Kettering. MICHELLE FONG/STAFF
4) The veggies
Several restaurants like Christopher’s have made sure to highlight options for strict vegetarians. At Christopher’s, there’s a vegan option Gardein chicken and black bean egg rolls with watermelon salsa and zesty ranch for a starter. For the main course, there is a herb and garlic roasted portobello cap and half tomato, stacked and drizzled with chimichurri served over wild rice and a mesquite roasted vegetable medley. Dessert is the choice of a vegan peanut butter pie, carrot cake or cobbler.
5) The meats
If you are looking for a meat-sweat situation, there are plenty of beefy options on the list to entice you. The large Chop House prime rib for example is just $20.20 served with hot au jus, paired with a baked potato or a jumbo sweet potato. Their Restaurant Week entrees are served with a choice of salad or soup, and a piece of cheesecake for dessert. It’s a great deal for 20 bucks.
6) The savings
Three courses for $20.20-$30.20? Depending on the restaurant and what they are offering, there are some really good deals to discover.
Seabass Ceviche, a traditional treatment of the dish, at El Meson.
Credit: JIM WITMER
Credit: JIM WITMER
7) The flavors
If you are looking to put those tastebuds to work, menus like El Meson’s are where it’s at.
First course, choose from Gazpacho, a traditional Spanish (chilled) soup with a tomato and cucumber topped with green peppers and toasted house-made croutons or ensalada de casa house salad with a tropical mango vinaigrette.
Second course, choose from the following:
- Cuban Garlic Pork $25.20: Pork tenderloin marinated in sour orange, garlic, onion Mojo, cumin and oregano. Served over sweet potato waffle fries with an Asian sweet and sour slaw on the side.
- Curried Coconut Chicken $25.20: Boneless chicken sautéed with red and green peppers, onions, coconut milk, curry, and cilantro. Served over sweet potato waffle fries with an Asian sweet & sour slaw on the side.
- Vegetarian Meatballs $20.20: Spicy BBQ sauce with peppers on garlic rice and sesame seeds. Served with sweet potato waffle fries and an Asian sweet and sour slaw on the side.
- Santa Fe Chicken Salad $20.20: Blackened chicken breast, assorted greens, corn, avocado, black beans, cojita cheese, corn chips, and peanut lime vinaigrette.
Third Course: Guava Lemon Cake or vanilla ice cream with caramel and blackberries
8) The drink specials
Most restaurants have a drink special on the menu to add to your order. The Florentine is doing a peach cocktail made with vodka and bourbon for example.
9) The desserts
Cakes, brulees, pies, ice cream, mousse, cake ... almost every option comes with some sugar.
The NY Strip at the Buckhorn Tavern
Credit: Teesha McClam
Credit: Teesha McClam
10) It’s something different
And in these times, aren’t we all looking for something a little bit different? Consider visiting a spot like the Buckhorn Tavern.
Entrée options include:
- Mighty Filet ($30.20): 6-ounce Black Angus Filet Mignon rubbed with chefs spices, sautéed mushrooms and onions in brown sugar Balsalmic glaze, prepared to desired temperature.
- Crab Stuffed Salmon ($22.20): Baked Salmon Filet with Crabmeat, creamy Spinach, Roasted Red Peppers, Mozzarella Cheese, seasoned bread crumbs on a dollop of mashers.
- Prime Rib Encrusted ($25.20): Slow-cooked Prime Rib 12 ounces with savory Horseradish sauce, with Parmesan Cheese toasted Panko Crumbs
- BBQ Ribs and Breaded Shrimp ($20.20): Quarter Slab Buckhorn BBQ Ribs and Breaded Shrimp
Salads, Starters to Sweet Endings: Choose Two
- Summer Crunch Salad – Baby Spinach, Mandarin Oranges, crisp Apples, dried sweet Cherries, simple pasta, Pecans all tossed with Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- Bexley Salad – Romaine and Mixed Greens with smoky crispy Bacon, slivers of red Onions and Bleu Cheese Crumbles, tossed in light Garlic Vinaigrette, garnish with diced tomatoes
- Cracked Out Corn Dip – Whole kernel corn, bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, served with chips for dipping
- Baby Baked Potatoes and Beer Cheese – Seasoned baked Potatoes and a side of Beer Cheese Dip
- Fried Green Tomatoes – Personal size 3 hand-breaded Green Tomatoes with Bistro Sauce
- Glass of Red Wine or White Wine – Daily Choices of Wineries and Grapes
- Sweet Ending Desserts
WANT TO GO?
What: Summer Restaurant Week
When: July 19-26, 2020
Where: Various locations
Cost: Meals range in price from $20.20-$30.20
More info and complete list of restaurants: (937) 461-MVRA or www.dineoutdayton.com
2020 SUMMER RESTAURANT WEEK PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS
Calling ahead is recommended for details, hours and reservations. For the most up-to-date list and information visit http://dineoutdayton.com.
Amber Rose, 1400 Valley St., Dayton, (937) 228-2511
Buckhorn Tavern, 8800 Meeker Road, Butler Twp., (937) 890-3261
Bunkers Bar and Grill, 893 East National Rd., Vandalia, (937) 890-8899
Carvers Steaks & Chops, 1535 Miamisburg-Centerville Road, Centerville, (937) 433-7099
Chappy’s Social House, 7880 Washington Village Drive, Centerville, (937) 439-9200
The Chop House, 7727 Washington Village Drive, Washington Twp., (937) 291-1661
Christopher’s Restaurant, 2318 E. Dorothy Lane, Kettering, (937) 299-0089
Coco’s Bistro, 250 Warren St., Dayton, (937) 228-2626
El Meson, 903 E. Dixie Drive, West Carrollton, (937) 859-8229
ele Bistro and Wine Bar, 3680 Rigby Road, Miamisburg, (937) 384-2253
Florentine Restaurant, 21 W. Market St., Germantown, (937) 855-7759
Hickory River Smokehouse, 135 S. Garber Drive, Tipp City, (937) 669-2271
Jay’s Seafood Restaurant, 225 E. Sixth St., Dayton, (937) 222-2892
Meadowlark, 5531 Far Hills Ave., Washington Twp., (937) 434-4750
Pasha Grill, 72 Plum St., The Greene, Beavercreek, (937) 429-9000
Romer’s Bar and Grill 4439 State Route 725, Bellbrook, (937) 848-7676
Roost Modern Italian, 524 E. 5th St., Dayton, (937) 222-3100
Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. 5th St., Dayton, (937) 203-3999
Smith’s Boathouse Restaurant, 439 N. Elm St., Troy, (937) 335-3837
The Caroline, 5 S. Market St., Troy, (937) 552-7676
The Dock, 250 W. Main St., Enon, (937) 864-5011
Watermark Restaurant, 20 S. First St., Miamisburg, (937) 802-0891
Wheat Penny, 515 Wayne Ave, Dayton, (937) 496-5268
Contact this contributing writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.