Bettman was inspired by his time spent in the South — his college days at the University of Georgia, vacations spent at the beach and his son’s experiences at the University of Tennessee. He wanted to bring that Southern culture to the Midwest through the clothing sold at Jake’s.
“You have to enjoy and appreciate that culture - one of friendliness and adventure and activity. Some of it is beach life, lake life, university Greek life,” Bettman said. “We’re learning as we go, what brands costumers are looking for.”
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house
• Billionaire submits bid to save Toys 'R' Us
• No retail apocalypse for these companies: 5 retailers opening stores in 2018
• Franco's Ristorante Italiano owner dies
• Former DP&L power plants to lay off 370 workers in Ohio