» UNMATCHED COVERAGE: 7 major data hacks that happened in 2017
» TRENDING NEWS: 5 retailers, businesses likely to take over empty Toys ‘R’ Us stores
The third party likely was able to access the customer's name, address, phone number, emial address, birthday and credit or debit card number with expiration dates. Customers should change their online profile information and passwords if they were notified about the breach or suspect suspicious activity on their account.
Global cyber security spending will exceed $1 trillion from 2017 to 2010, according to marketing firm Cybersecurity Ventures. That’s an increase from just $3.5 billion in in 2004. What’s driving the explosion of spending? Experts say the fear of cyber crime is fueling exceptional market growth.
» WHAT WE KNOW: Local startup grows in cyber security industry
Last year, several large companies dealt with major data breaches including: Equifax, Arby’s, Whole Foods, Uber, Sonic and Kmart.
Cyber crime damages will cost organizations, governments and businesses across the world about $1 trillion annually by 2021, according to the Cybersecurity Ventures marketing firm.
FIVE FAST READS
• Verizon's new military discount program could save you hundreds
• 10 major updates at Wright-Patt that happened in June
• 5 surprising ways Kroger is changing stores in 2018
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house