Old Navy will open a store at Austin Landing in Miami Twp.
The apparel retailer has been eyeing spaces at open-air shopping centers as traditional malls struggle. While other GAP brands are trying to turnaround amid declining revenues, Old Navy has continued to see same-store sales growth. Old Navy planned to open 60 new stores across the United State this year and remodel another 300.
The store will open at 10361 Innovation Drive near the Field & Stream store, according to Montgomery County records.
The Old Navy store on the bottom floor of the Dayton Mall, near Dick’s Sporting Goods, closed on Wednesday, January 30th along with Maurices.
»RELATED: More stores close at Dayton Mall
The retailer doesn’t typically have locations as close together as the two shopping centers.
• How to protect yourself from cyber thieves this shopping season
• Two area cities want to test driverless vehicles, technology
• Kroger remodel of Kettering store debuts faster checkout, updated produce
• Aldi to offer delivery at Dayton-area stores
• PHOTOS: Luxury condo with downtown view on market for $320K
About the Author