In addition the non-profit conducts street and cyber outreach programs as well as prison and jail programs. “Emotional support and viable resources are provided to the women, wherever they happen to be on their journey to freedom,” Pierce says. “We know first-hand many of the women in the sex industry are the victims of childhood trauma and sexual abuse. Unfortunately, they often end up in the sex industry because that lifestyle was so normalized; they never received the respect that any human being deserves. At Oasis House we are committed to making sure the women know they are loved and worthy of a life abundant with joy and goodness.”
Here’s what they need:
- Non‐bleach cleaning supplies
- Round‐up (for the yard)
- Sandwich and freezer zip‐lock bags
- Shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair
- Small and large trash bags
- New bath, hand and wash towels
- Vacuum cleaner with attachments
- Bath robes
- Underwear (in all sizes)
- Costume jewelry
- Hair accessories, blow dryers, straightening irons
- Nail polish
- Copier paper, file folders, postage stamps
- Gift cards from Walmart, Target, Kohls, Kroger, Lowes, Visa, Mastercard, Speedway, Amazon, gas cards
- Uber Gift Cards: for help with transportation to treatment meetings, counseling, doctor/dentist appointments, grocery store
- Previously Owned Vehicle: in good working condition
The Oasis House office is located at the Job Center at 1133 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Suite 384 Dayton 45417. You’re asked to call 937-898-7811 to schedule a drop off.
Other ways to help:
- Attend the upcoming golf outing fundraiser on Sept. 12 at Pipestone Golf Course. Donations range from $125 and up.
- Volunteer! The organization is always in need of help with a variety of jobs ranging from clerical help to outreach programs and mentoring.
For more information, see www.oasishouse.org.
If you have questions, contact 937-898‐7811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meredith Moss writes about Dayton-area nonprofit organizations and their specific needs. If your group has a wish list it would like to share with our readers, contact Meredith: email@example.com.
Please include a daytime phone number and a photo that reflects your group’s mission.