- City of Dayton Safety Building: 335 W. Third St.
- Central Patrol Operations Division: 248 Salem Ave.
- East Patrol Operations Division North: 417 East Helena St.
- East Patrol Operations Division South: 2721 Wayne Ave.
- West Patrol Operations Division: 951 Washington St.
Springboro Police Department reported that 50 pounds of pills alone were collected on Saturday. The department also has a drop-off box in the lobby of the City Building that is available every day from 7 a.m. to midnight.
In Franklin, 32 pounds of pills were turned in to police.
A 2018 National Survey on Drug Use and Health reported that 9.9 million Americans misused controlled prescription drugs. The study showed that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from a medicine cabinet at home, according to the DEA.
In October 2019, Americans turned in more than 882,900 pounds of prescription drugs on Drug Take Back Day, the DEA said.