A group of seven thieves picked the wrong time and place for a brazen robbery at an AT&T store in Huber Heights on Thursday.
5 things to know
1. Seven masked people entered the store at the Northpark Center, 8245 Old Troy Pike, around 2 p.m. A customer and workers in the store told this news organization the robbers, who were all armed, told everyone to get on the floor and threatened to kill if their demands were not met.
MORE: Dayton sergeant finds 5 of 7 robbers hiding in Huber Heights shed near boyhood home
2. After looting the business of merchandise, the robbers ran out and sped away in a white Honda Pilot, but they were spotted by a police officer who saw them fleeing the scene. The Pilot crashed into multiple vehicles before it stopped and the occupants bailed out.
3. What the robbers didn’t know was that multiple law enforcement agencies were in the area for SWAT training. Police from Huber Heights, Dayton, Beavercreek, Butler Twp. and Vandalia all assisted in setting up a perimeter.
MORE: 6 juveniles, 1 adult in custody in Huber Height AT&T robbery, manhunt
4. Five of the seven suspects were found hiding in a shed in the area of Claybeck Drive. The other two suspects were also located and arrested and Huber Heights police said they believe they have all of the suspects in custody.
5. Six of the seven suspects detained are juveniles, according to juvenile court officials, and the seventh is 18 years old.
Watch: Home security footage showing capture
Watch: Police search for suspects
About the Author